Monday, October 28, 2013

Menu Monday

It's been a full week since I've been able to write.  So many happenings in the Torres house.  Little Man played 3 flag football games last week to place 4th in their division despite some pretty rough calls from the officials.  Let's just say being a private school did not help us one bit during the season.  However, the kids had fun and little idea what was going against them.

We also celebrated Little Miss' 5th birthday.  Having two children 5 and over is reality slapping you in the face.  I am not the college girl I sometimes pretend to be.  Like I'm a 33 year old trapped in a 22 year old's body.  A 22 year old's body that has produced 3 children.  Let's get real...I'm old, but I love this old life and I am so proud to be Little Miss' mama.  She is the spice to our life.

Little Man had a personal achievement last week too.  He finished out his first semester of first grade with all A's.  More than any sports award, Steven and I are so proud of his academic achievements.  He works so hard in every area of his life.  A true first born.  Love that guy.

Now I can't leave Chubby Cheekers out.  I must brag on him a bit.  This weekend we attended our church's Fall Festival.  I seriously LOVE our church.  So. Much. Fun.  For those of you who know Chubby Cheekers, you know sitting still is not one of his gifts.  He is always moving.  Always creating mischief.  Always talking.  Always, always, always.  However, on Saturday night he sat in his stroller for over an hour without any whines.  So content. So adorable in his chicken costume just dancing to the bluegrass music watching his family play games.  It was a fun night.  So thankful for our friendships and church.  Great night.

Now onto the menu this week.

Monday-Breakfast for Dinner...waffles, sausage, eggs...yum!
Tuesday-BBQ Chicken and Pineapple Quesadillas and Corn Saute
Wednesday-Bacon, Chicken, Broccoli, Rice Casserole and Cresents
Thursday-Avocado Salsa Salmon, Grilled Peppers and Onions with Brown Rice
Friday-Mini Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans
Saturday-Sandwiches and French Lentil Soup
Sunday-Mom's Birthday Dinner

Have a Great Week!!!

No comments: