Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Dying Breed

I'm getting ready to exit out of a dying breed.  The dying breed.  The breed of person who has a prehistoric cell phone.

For humor purposes, I'd like to show you my phone.  You can laugh.  It is funny.


Okay, so it's not THAT bad, but it's bad.  Here's what I really have...


I'm just one of those people who goes by, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."  OR, in this case, "If it ain't broke, don't get a new one."

My phone for the last three years has served me well.  I can do what it was intended for...contact people in the ways I like to contact them.  Three years ago, this was a smartphone.  Today it is a dinosaur phone.  However, I've had a difficult time coming to terms with replacing it.  Why spend money on a new phone when I have a phone that works.  Sure it's embarrassing when people say can't you look it up on your phone?  Well, sure I can.  Do you have a couple of hours?

Despite the embarrassment, the phone works, or was working.  As of now it is dropping calls left and right and it no longer takes pictures, but it's still hanging on.  I want the thing to completely DIE before I shell out the $100 for the iPhone charge (I've been eligible for a credit towards a new phone for over a year now).

I realize I could get a free phone to replace it but it's not what I really want.  Now that I've been exposed to my iPad (free of course), I want the phone that goes with it so I can share all my info with both devices and pretend that I'm ultra techy.  Key word, pretend.

Now, if any of you would like to donate to my iPhone fund you can send donations to...

Rescue Amanda From Rotary Dial 
123 Crazy Lane
Ihaveissues, OK


No comments: