Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Taco Dip

It's getting to be that time of year where there are luncheons and parties.  This dip has always been a hit and makes a good amount to serve a large crowd (the picture below shows the recipe cut in half).  You'll notice it's so tasty that Steven couldn't keep his hands out of it long enough for me to snap the picture...


12 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup salsa
1 bunch of chopped cilantro (you can use lettuce too)
1 small tomato diced
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 can sliced ripe olives, drained, optional
  • In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream together until smooth.  Stir in salsa.
  • Spread on a serving dish and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
  • Meanwhile, prepare your toppings.
  • Layer cilantro/lettuce, tomatoes, olives, and cheese.  I do mine in that order.
Happy Cooking!!!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love a good dip! I probably would have had a hard time keeping my hands out of it too!