Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Menu...er...Tuesday

A horrendous headache and cough from the devil led Menu Monday to Tuesday.  C'est la vie.  All better now, but there was just no way I was going to pull my bootay off the couch in time to type out my menu.  It's here now.  I know many of you were checking furiously because after all, what would you eat?  What?  You survive without me?  Hello?  Anyone there?  Anyone?  Well, I'll post this for me...and my head.

This week's menu is an Ode to TPW (The Pioneer Woman).  Oh how I love her food.  Not the extra pounds it adds to my butt, but the food.  It's well worth it.  A couple of links are from Tasty Kitchen.  Another glorious creation from TPW.  I could spend hours and hours on Tasty Kitchen.  So many yummy recipes.  So many calories.  So little time.

Monday-Corn Chowder with Chilies, Buttered Bread
Tuesday-3 Cheese Stuffed Shells with Meaty Sauce, Layered Salad, The Bread
Wednesday-Roasted Vegetable Minestrone, Corn Bread
Thursday-Parmesan Garlic Tilapia Sticks, Corn Saute, Split Rolls
Friday-Hamburgers and Taco Dip
Saturday-Leftover Night (Just me and the kids.  Steven will be playing Police Officer with his twin bro.  Go ahead...start praying for this ride along.)
Sunday-Oven Ham Sammies, Homemade Fries, and Spinach Salad with Feta Cheese

3 comments:

Alice said...

I've been trying a few of your meals. I made the Parmesan Pork Chops, delicious! And last night I made Ginger's Stuffed Burriots. My 10 year old son said "this is the best thing you have ever made" and I cook a lot. And I cook Pioneer Woman all the time.

What is corn saute?

amanda torres said...

Corn Saute is a mixture of zuchinni, corn, and diced onions. It is delicious. I promise I'll get it posted on here soon! It have become one of our favorites.

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from other moms! If you've got a fabulous recipe (and don't mind sharing with the world), send it my way. (wispclips@hotmail.com)

Alice said...

I'm going to send some your way...some are ones that my mama (grandma) cooks and sends to me.

P.S. I think I know your husband. I mean, not know-know, but know. He used to live down the street from a friend of mine, Mitch Gonzalez. I think they (your hubs and his twin) are a year older than I am though.