Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Apple Cinnamon Muffins

The long time controversy between stay at home moms (SAHM) and working moms (WM) is overrated, but today I must declare that being a stay at home mom wins out.  It wins because it's 8:00am and warm Apple Cinnamon Muffins just popped out of the oven.  If I were working, I'd have one shoe on, possibly a bra, and frantically throwing two kids in the car to make it to the sitter and then to school on time.  But that's not happening today.  Today I'm enjoying my warm muffin in my pj's with some creamer and a dash of coffee.Yes, being a SAHM definitely wins out. 

Just in case you are a SAHM, or if you're an ambitious WM, here's a delicious recipe for some warm morning goodness...

Apple Cinnamon Muffins
1-1/2 cup flour (I used whole wheat flour)
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cups sugar
1/2 cups milk
1-3/4 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cups vegetable oil
1 cup Unpeeled Apples, chopped
  • Mix all ingredients together.
  • Pour into greased muffin pan
  • Bake @ 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
  • While muffins are baking, mix 1 Tbsp Cinnamon with 1/2 cup sugar (this will be more than plenty) in a small dish.
  • Straight out of the oven spread and even amount of butter on the top of each muffin.  Then sprinkle the cinnamon sugar on the top of each muffin...Enjoy!!!
Happy Cooking!!!

4 comments:

Pure Ella said...

Ummm yum. This is a winner for sure!

But, I have to say... nowadays it's also good to have both worlds. I work from home and it is fantastic.
I have my hot coco and I'm still in my robe ;)
But I already punched in my card ;)

By the way, Amanda, I just received your clips yesterday. They are absolutely beautiful. Thank you so much!
xoxo
Ella

amanda torres said...

Ella, I cannot believe the clips just arrived. Just US to Canada mail usually take that long. I had to have mailed those at least 2weeks ago. I am so happy you love them!

I guess in a way, I work from home also. I used to work outside the home as a public school teacher, but stayed home shortly after the birth of Little Miss. I loved being a teacher, but I love, love, love the freedom of earning income from home. I hope you have a blessed day!

Anonymous said...

These muffins sound delish! We all love a good muffin at our house, especially Paxton. We will be trying these out very, very soon!!

Unknown said...

Yes ma'am I am going to try these out! And just my opinion, a SAHM is the best job in the world!