Monday, August 31, 2009

Never, Ever, Ever Assume

Reflection of my day...

Never, ever, ever assume that just because you can hear laughter from both of your children that they are playing nice. Tonight I was cooking dinner, and just on the other side of the bar I could hear Mason laughing and Addison giggling. I totally assumed that they were having some great sibling bonding time. And come to think of it they were. I could hear Mason laughing, saying, "Addison a baby monster." Didn't think a thing of it. We often play chase and Addison comes to get us. All the while saying, "It's the baby monster!" Didn't even pick up on this clue, "Addison you a scary baby." Just thought he was venturing out with his vocabulary. What finally got me was noticing the green marker missing from his art box. Put it all together and figured it out.

Mason used his sister's face as his canvas!

I have to admit she did look a little scary. Thank the Lord for washable markers!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hilarious! Always expect the unexpected!

A Day in the Life of a SAHM said...

OMG-that is too funny!