Thursday, August 6, 2009

A Little Change is Always Nice

Right now my son is on the potty, my daughter is crying, and I am in the bedroom...ahhhhh...my own peace. Thank the Lord for husbands! He sure new I needed a break after the day we had. Trying two's (he's never terrible), teething baby, and sinus pressure that won't quit!

Now for a little announcement, our family blog is changing a little bit. You will still read probably more than you ever wanted about the kids, but I'm going to share a little bit of my domestic side too. A few posts back I challenged you to cook at home for a full week. Hard, I know! So I decided to start adding some of my favorite recipes on here.


Bacon Chicken Cresent Ring

2 tubes (8 oz each) refrigerated cresent rolls
1 can (10 oz) chunk white meat chicken drained and flaked
1-1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3/4 cups mayo
1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
6 strips of bacn, cooked and crumbled
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp Italian salad dressing

Grease a 14 inch pizza pan. Unroll the cresent roll dough; separate into 16 triangles. Overlap the wide end of the triangles in the shape of a ring.

In a small bowl, combine all remaining ingredients. Spoon mixture over the overlapped cresents. Fold points of triangles over the spooned mixture and tuck under the wide ends. You will still see the filling. Bake @ 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.


Pictures to show how to lay out the cresents and fold over...
(sorry, they aren't too clear, but you get the point)





This is a great recipe to put on the same menu with the Balsamic Bowtie Chicken Pasta Salad. Just cook an extra chicken breast (if you don't use the canned chicken), chop up extra onion and bacon, and store it for this recipe. This is simple to throw together and bakes fairly quick. I usually save this one for a night filled with craziness. Happy Cooking!

3 comments:

Beam Family said...

I am so excited about your new addition to your blog!! I get stuck fixing the same meals over and over, so it is nice for some new meal ideas.

Unknown said...

This looks yummy!

Your family is SO beautiful! I totally have those days that I want hide out in the bedroom! =)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipe. It sounds delicious, and we'll definitely be trying it soon!!