Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Eat In...It's Easy!

Yep, just try it. Cook dinner at home for a FULL week. Including weekends!!! I've always loved to cook, and cook most meals for most nights of the week. We only eat out 3-4 times a month and that includes any type of eating out...fast food, carry-out, or dine-in. So here's how we do it. First I have an subscription to an awesome cooking magazine so I'm never short for recipes. Then, I make a menu for two weeks (I only grocery shop every other week). After the menu is made, I make the grocery list. Simple as that. So I encourage you to do the same. Not only is it a great way to save, it the best time to spend with your family. If you are a little lost for where to start here's my menu for the week. If you are interested in a particular recipe just leave a comment and I'll post the recipe for you. Good Luck and Happy Cooking!

Monday-Bacon Chicken Cresent Ring with Salad
Tuesday-Bowtie Chicken Pasta* and Cresents
Wednesday-Chicken Salad Sandwiches with Peas
Thursday-Keilbasa, Spinach, Potato Skillet Dinner
Friday-Mini Meatloaf with Mashed Potatoes and Corn
Saturday-Sloppy Joe Hashbrowns with Green Beans
Sunday-Monterey Chicken with Sweet Potatoes

*absolute family favorite

If you are going to try and cook all week at home, leave a comment! I'd like to know what you are having at your place!

6 comments:

Lynne said...

:) great minds think alike~we do the same thing (except we eat out more often~7 days at home would be too much for me :)~ We always make a 'menu' and grocery shop from that. I like it esp. when we are really busy because the 'decision' part has already been made. (and we are more likely to remember to thaw meat.) :P Plus, we actually make it home from the store with things we can eat! ha ha ha I also try to 'double' some things so we can take a break from cooking on some nights throughout the week~or so we can eat 'fast' at home. Like, I double taco meat/taco chicken and make nachos on night two, or we will make big meals like stew, chili, tortilla soup, baked ziti, or pulled pork and things that will make more than one meal. Post your family fav recipe~I'd like to try it. :)

amanda torres said...

Lynne~Love your double meat...i've been working on that!

jeblusk said...

Wow those meals sound great! I also love cooking at home however I am always looking for new recipes -- so feel free to post some on here!! We would love to try them!! :)

ginger_h said...

I saw your bow tie pasta recipe in a Taste of Home Simple and Delicious magazine. Is this the magazine you speak of? My aunt gave me the latest issue and I have several of the meals on my menu list! I'm going to try the pasta this next week.

amanda torres said...

YES, Ginger! I LOVE that magazine!

bopha said...

What magazine do you get your recipes from, they sound good and NORMAL. I hate recipes that call for things that you have to go to the store for all the time. Thanks for the suggestions and I'm going to try that chicken past recipe. Good luck on the poops, maybe we should feed those boys prunes.