Friday, March 28, 2014

Spring Break Photo Dump

I realize Spring Break was a week ago, but when you're in the trenches with 2 two year olds you write when you can...even if it's a week late...even if no one cares.  You pretend they care.  Then you dump a bunch of photos on them with super lengthy captions because you just need a little outlet from those crazy two year olds who have been fighting  ALL. DAY.  LONG.  

I've said too much.

Let the photo dump begin...

Sooooo, here are some of the loves of my life riding the cutest little boat that makes me want to puke just watching it go back and forth and back and forth, but everyone in the boat seems happy.  This pic totally sums up our weekend.  So much fun and great memories made.


 We woke up early Saturday morning and drove a few hours to hit up Silver Dollar City.  The kids were so excited to get out of the car and ride rides...and pee.  So being the super modest parents we are, we parked by the edge of the woods and let them pee over the railing.  I'll spare you the pic of that.

Once inside the park, the kids were so pumped.  Chubby Cheekers on the other hand was spending time pondering the deeper things in life.   Where was the nearest Snackie Station?  And that little thang out front...is she not the cutest little party animal you've ever seen?



Little Miss' first ride was the Big Swings.  She has always loved heights so I was pumped to ride with her.  She squealed and laughed the entire time.  That's my girl.

 

And here is the whole gang as we were waiting for our bus to take us back to the cars.  We had such a blast!  Definitely a tradition in the making.
 
 

Now this is what a successful day of riding rides looks like...



 

Once we returned home it was back to having all 5 kids.  If you know anything about Torres kids, you know you have to keep them busy.  So everyday I planned an adventure to somewhere.  An adventure that was free cause I'm cheap like that!  

I would like to see if you could possibly spot the child that was the most difficult on this day...
 

Yep, Chubby Cheekers wasn't digging the tree stump climbing.  All he wanted to do was get in the sand box.  The one that had sand.  I don't like sand.  My car doesn't like sand.  



Are they not the most professional looking explorers ever????


Showing off their muscles after conquering the Strenuous Trail.  I mean, shouldn't I be showing you MY muscles after pulling those two chunks of hunks in the wagon???
Again, can you spot the difficult child???
 
I think the thing about Spring Break that I love is the days of 'Get To's'.  There is not anywhere we have to be.  We get to do what we want.  We woke up together.  Had breakfast when we wanted.  Cuddled watching cartoons together.  Went on adventures when we wanted to.  I love the freedom, and thankful for these 5 crazy kids I get to spend my day with.  Some days they make me want to pull my hair out one my one with tweezers, but mostly I am thankful for the opportunity to have a closeness with each one of them.  Even that spirited little blonde boy.




No comments: