Wednesday, March 12, 2014

I Neeeeeeed You to Know This

I've got a good story for you...

The other day I had a friend tell me, "You just have it all together."  Then I laughed in her face.  The end.

Good story, right?  No, seriously.  This happened.

Even though the compliment was so appreciated, all of my 'not-so-together' pieces started flowing through my mind.  I have a list, and I neeeeed you to see it.
  • My keys grow legs and walk away from me.  All. The. Time.
  • Today I cleaned my bathroom.  It hadn't been cleaned since beginning of February.  I mean the slime had slime.  Ewwwww!
  • I once lost...lost...my child at our school's morning assembly.  Three other parents went searching for Chubby Cheekers as I frantically searched as well.  As I was chatting it up, he walked over to say good-bye to our neighbor friend.
  • I have an on-going collection of socks on the ottoman at the foot of my bed.  To take the time to match all those things up kills me. 
  • My couch has enough 'snackies' in the cushions to feed a small country.
  • Most of the time the clean laundry goes from the dryer to my bed to the ottoman, then eventually gets folded a few days later.  It's a vicious cycle.
  • If you randomly stop by one, or three, of my kids will be halfway dressed and their hair everywhere.  
  • I will be in workout clothes...whether I've worked out or not.  I like to keep you on your toes.  Does she stink...does she not stink?
I could go on and on and on. 

What I love about this whole scenario is my friend perceived that I had it all together.  I perceive that I am a hot mess 99.9% of the time.  So much so that I declare I need this shirt in 7 different colors.  I neeeeeed others to know of my hot mess days.



No comments: