Friday, November 11, 2011

Finally Friday

It's finally Friday which means we are one step closer to Little Man's Movie Party.  It's all coming together nicely, but I have a thousand things to check off my list before tomorrow.  Thankfully, cleaning the house is the last item on the list.  I really don't feel like doing that today.  Let's get real.  I really don't feel like cleaning the house on any day.  Instead I think I'll finish the popcorn bags, make a concessions poster, pack goodie bags, and finish the party supply shopping.  Yep, that sounds much better.  Avoiding the house cleaning. 

I'm also glad it's Friday because it means yesterday came and went.  It as a hard day for Little Miss.  Lots of little tests and a visit with a doctor she's unfamiliar with.  She did so well through the echocardiogram and the multiple blood pressure checks, but she got us on the EKG.  Steven was sitting next to her while she was on her back on the table.  She did well as they put the 13 stickers across her tiny chest and stomach, but when the nurse hooked up all the wiring I noticed Steven was tearing up.  Then I saw why. 

As I hopped up to see what was going on, I saw Little Miss' face.  My tiny three year old was laying on the table with silent tears streaming down her cheeks.  No sobbing.  No wails.  No audible noises.  Just tears welled up and pouring over.  My little thing as scared.  She had been so brave through it all, and she as trying to hold it in.  I couldn't stand it.  I went straight to the top of her head and sang her most favorite song.  By the time I was finishing up, the test was done.  Shortly after the cardiologist came in and gave us the news we were hopeful to receive. 

Little Miss is completely healthy.  Although she has two heart murmurs, they are nothing more than noises.  Her heart is performing just as it should, and she will never need to be seen again for this condition.  We knew that no matter the results Little Miss would be restored to the way God intended her to be, but to hear that we will never ever need to look into the murmurs again was the icing on the cake.  God is good!  So here is my little lady healthy, whole, and no doubt showing off her sassy self.

6 comments:

Sarah @ w30 said...

I just teared up! So glad she is healthy and you guys are done with that! :)

Michael said...

God is good. We love our Little One.

Kristy said...

Amen!

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! Tearing up as well! -Dana

Rosina said...

This got me all choked up too!! Amanda that is the best news!!! So happy to hear it!

jesse {GoodGirlGoneGlad} said...

What a brave lil girl! Wonderful news!!
xx