Thursday, October 6, 2011

A Wee Bit O'Shopping


Okay, this title may be a bit misleading.  Shopping I love, but not more than I love a good deal.  Recently, I received a catalog in the mail and I was astounded by pricing of certain items.  Items listed way lower than I ever imagined.  Sometimes even hundreds of dollars of what I would have something should have cost.  Now that's my kind of bargain.



I must admit the shopping catalog I received wasn't necessarily the kind you would usually look through, and the items weren't really items you and I would need.  We lead a convenient life.  We have easy access to the needs and wants for our families.  This magazine was the Samaritan's Purse 2011 Gift Catalog.  Just check out some of the deals inside...

Feed a Hungry Baby for a Week...........$9
Teach a Child to Read & Write.............$15
Give an Orphan a Month of Care..........$35
Help Save Lives of Mothers & Babies..$45
Hot Meals............................................$7
Milk.....................................................$5
Life Saving Medicine for 50 people.......$60
Stock a Fish Pond................................$50
Dairy Goat...........................................$70
Fishing Boats........................................$50

When you compare these prices with the items we typically buy from catalouges or online, it seems ridiculous.  I'm thinking this week I might forgo some of my typically purchases and do a wee bit o'shopping for others.  Who knows, I might just buy a boat this week...or a goat...

No comments: