Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Potato Kielbasa Skillet

I'm breaking a blogging cardinal rule.  The posting of a recipe without a picture.  I know, I find it annoying too since I eat with my eyes.  Unfortunately, tonight I'm tired so I went for the easier post...a recipe.  I think I'll add the picture later.  That's if I remember.

You should know that this dish is a good one.  It's a little bit of a different flavor to the usual weeknight meals, all cooked in a one skillet, and it's hearty. What more could you want?  Oh, you still want a picture.  I'll get on it.  Until then, you'll have to peruse the ingredients list to see if it's up your alley.  It's definitely up mine...alley that is.  It's up my alley.

Potato Kielbasa Skillet
1 lb red potatoes cubed
3 Tbsp water
3/4 lb smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, sliced 1/4 inch thick
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp cider vinegar
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp pepper
4 cups fresh baby spinach
5 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
  • Place potatoes and water in a microwavable dish. Cover and microwave for 4 minutes or until tender; drain.
  • In a large skillet, saute kielbasa and onion in oil until onion is tender.  Add potatoes.  Saute for 3-5 minutes until kielbasa and potatoes are slightly browned.
  • Combine brown sugar, vinegar, thyme, and pepper.  Stir into skillet.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 2-3 minutes. Add spinach and bacon.  Cook until spinach wilts down and stir dish.
Happy Cooking!!!

No comments: