Saturday, February 27, 2010

Gideon, The King of Rolls

Meet Gideon. He is seven months old. Adorable. Full of rolls. Loves life, and Mommy and Daddy. Cousin to Steven and Rene. I guess that makes him my cousin too. You might be asking, "How in the world do you have a seven month old cousin?" Well, well, well, let me tell you a crazy story...

A little over thirty-one years ago, three babies were born. One set was twins. Born in Honolulu, Hawaii on a Marine base. When the twins father called home to Indiana to tell his mother and father they were going to be grandparents, he learned his mother was also giving birth. All three babies born on the same day. The identical twins were named Rene and Steven, and the other baby was named Jaime. The End.

So my husband, Steven, and brother-in-law, Rene have an uncle that is the exact same age as them. Steven's dad is the oldest of ten, and Jaime is the youngest of ten. I guess when you have ten kids it makes sense that the oldest son would have kids by the time the youngest is born. Pretty cool!

Now that brings us back to Gideon, our newest cousin. I thought my nephew was the chunk of the family, but I stand corrected. Check out the new champion. I call him Gideon, The King of Rolls...


Seriously, does it get any chunkier than that? I could play with those rolls all day! I couldn't get enough of them. The cheeks (on the front) just sit on his shoulders. The cheeks (on the back) well, I'll just let you see...
Hard to resist, huh? He is the cutest. You also saw how adorable his Mama is too. I was amazed to see how great (skinny) she was for having a baby seven months ago. However, when you carry around all that for the majority of the day, you're bound to lose some weight!

A pic of the cousins. Thirty-one years age difference...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohhhhh my Goooodnessssss! He is definitely a chunk and soooo cute!! I showed O the pictures and he couldn't believe it! How big was he at birth? We hadn't seen any pictures of him yet, thanks for posting them!

amanda torres said...

I think Bebe said he was like 7lbs 11oz at birth, but he's definitely packed on the weight! He is such a good baby too. I think I heard him cry two times the whole week they were here.

Unknown said...

What a cutie and a chunk-a-monk!