Wednesday, February 24, 2010

On to the Next Chapter

Breathe in...breathe out...breathe in...breathe out...

That was my mantra for last week. However, we successfully moved out of our first home and in with my father-in-law. So far, living with family has been very rewarding. The kids love seeing their Papi everyday, and Papi gets a home cooked meal. Pretty good trade off.

A while back, when I first shared that we were selling our house I mentioned sharing some scriptures we prayed. Steven and I are so thankful for our church because this is where we learned how to access the power of God's Word. We used the scriptures below daily in asking God to provide us with a new house, and believed that we would receive the things we asked. We were very specific in our requests. Asking God for exactly what we wanted. And you know what? We are getting all those things in our new home! It's very exciting.

So here are the scriptures...

Philipians 4:6

"Do not be anxious in anything, but in everything; by prayer and petition and with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."

1 John 5:14

"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, he hears us. And if we know he hears us-whatever we ask-we know that we have what we asked of Him."

Mark 11:24

"Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."

Matthew 18:19

"Again, I tell you that if two of you on Earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in Heaven"

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Thanks for this post. I find myself stressing all day everyday over getting our house sold. I pray that the Lord will send a buyer very soon, but then I find myself lacking faith in my prayer(s). These verses are going to be written out on a card for me to refer to during those times that I get frustrated. Thank you for the encouragement :)

Unknown said...

This is a great post! And what a blessing all around, home sold, time with family, and a new home and chapter of your lives! You are truly blessed!