Thursday, February 13, 2014

What Do You Do All Day???

Yesterday it hit me pretty hard what my work life looks like.  When people ask what I do my first answer is, "I'm a stay-at-home mom."  I love that title.  We sacrificed a lot for me to have that title.  If you look at the majority of my day, I am a stay-at-home mom.

Except right now.  I'm a blogger.

20 minutes later, during nap time, I'll be an Arbonne consultant.

An hour or so later, depending on nap time, I'll be a carpooling mama.

Then I'll be a homework helping, dinner cooking, cleaning up, tuck the kids in bed kind of mama.

But two nights a week, I do go out.  I LOVE going out.  I go out and meet new people.  I plant seeds of how blessed we have been.  I plant seeds of how my church and relationship with Jesus has changed my life.  I also plant seeds of belief into people.  Belief that they can live a better life physically and financially.

That's the work life that hit me pretty hard yesterday.  As I left my house, I was thankful for the people who planted belief into me.  It's almost my year anniversary with Arbonne and I'm doing the same thing I did 11 months ago when I began except my check continues to increase.  I'm still investing 10-12 hours a week of my time, here and there, around my kids and husband's needs and increasing my pay.  Why?  Because I focus solely on serving others, listening to their dreams and visions, and helping them get there.

So, yes, I'm a stay at home mom to my crazy kids and nephews, but I also own my own business.  A business that has almost replaced my old teacher's salary within a year, and will continue to go up.  Except I'm not putting in 50-60 hours a week teaching.  That's where I'm thankful.  My day looks different than the average worker, but it looks so good to me.  True thankfulness for opportunities I never wanted to say yes to, but so glad I did.

And just because 'Mom' is the best job I've ever had, I need to show you the ones that steal my heart!

And these little guys are pumped that for the older two's birthday, I'm working towards an all expenses paid stay (by Arbonne) in CABO for their birthdays.  That's a pretty good way to celebrate turning 6 and 8!  We'll let Chubby Cheekers come too.  Mexico needs to experience his antics for sure!

No comments: