Wednesday, October 3, 2012

My Baby Cakes

Teething is striking again, and I kind of like it.  I do not like that I'll get him to bed and five minutes later he's up and crying from pain.  However, it's nothing a little Mommy and Advil can't cure.  What I do like about it is the cuddle time.  He's not getting any younger so I'll take as many chances as I can that allow me to feel his little baby breaths into my neck.  The little tiny sighs when he readjusts, and the sweat that forms on his forehead when he snuggles so closely into my neck.  This is the best moments of being a mom.  The complete vulnerability your child has when they are in your arms.  Allowing the full weight of their body to sink and melt into yours. I won't ever get enough of it.  Ever.

It honestly saddens me when I think about this stage passing.  There will be a time he won't have a crib.  The rocking chair will no longer be used, and I will have big kids.  No more babies.  Although I'm excited to see where the kids will go, and having time with just my husband again, my heart breaks to lose this baby stage.  I love this stage.  I love seeing my kids light up when they see us.  I love seeing them look for their sole comfort in us.  We are the center of their universe.  One day they will turn to their friends and eventually to their chosen spouse.  I'm just not ready for those stages.  So I'll just rock.  Rock my baby cakes.

No comments: