Monday, August 29, 2011

Menu Monday

Welp, I saw The Help.  It is safe to say the movie did not disappoint.  All the actresses hit the characters spot on.  I really didn't think it was possible to dislike Hilly Holbrook anymore than I did in the book, but I thought wrong.  I wanted to reach into the movie screen and slap her at least a hundred times.

The storyline paralleled beautifully to the book as well.  I was relieved. As my all time favorite book, I doubted I would like the movie, yet it now resides in my Top 5 Movie List.  All the yummy southern cooking didn't hurt either.  Unfortunately, I can't cook like that so you're stuck with my Oklahoma version of cooking.

Monday-Creamy Chicken Spaghetti, Green Beans, Texas Roadhouse Rolls
Tuesday-Lemon Honey Grilled Chicken, Cheesy Biscuits, Spring Potato Salad
Wednesday-Smoked Salmon, Broccoli Cheese Bites, Honey Bread
Thursday-Zucchini Bake, Salad, The Bread
Friday-Marlboro Man's 2nd Favorite Sandwich, Sweet Potato Fries, and Fruit Salad
Saturday-Good 'Ol Fashion Fish Fry @ the Kueny's
Sunday-Dinner @ Mom's

1 comment:

Alice said...

I cried 3 times! And that is exactly how my mamaw makes fried chicken!!
My mom and 3 uncles used to have a black maid named Innes. They lived in Clarksdale, MS. They were NOT rude to their maid though. She could eat at table, use their dishes and restroom, etc. She was with them for about 10 years before my mom moved to OK.
I just thought it was so sad that they used to treat people that way because of their skin clor.