Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Just One Sip

We keep three types of drinkable liquids in our house.  Water, milk, and apple juice.  I only drink milk with breakfast, cookies, or brownies.  I don't drink apple juice because that's a huge waste of calories.  I'll rather eat an apple.  That leaves me with ONE alternative for the entire day.  Water.  Most days I don't think twice about drinking water.  It's completely refreshing.  I enjoy it, but there are days I feel like an Isrealite just waiting for the manna (or mana, archaically speaking) to fall from the sky.  Like there truly is NO alternative.  Drinking water is my only option. I should be pleased it comes so easily from the door of my freezer.  I'm not.  Instead, I open the fridge and stand there like there's going to be some miraculous change in my beverage selection.  Suddenly, I notice a small green bottle on the bottom shelf.  I have never loved it more.  I know it will make me pucker up like nobody's business, but I have something sweet to throw in.  I grab that little bottle, mix up my concoction, and take a big swig of...

Single Serve Lemonade
(You didn't have your mind in the gutter did you?)

1 1/4 cup water
1/2 cup lemon juice
4 Tbsp Splenda or sugar (if you use sugar, you'll need to heat your water to get the granules to dissolve)

Mix well.  Enjoy.  Make again, because you're offspring just swiped all your wholesome goodness in a glass and drank it.  All of it.  Little stinker!

However, the kids are napping.  That means I have a little bit of freedom to drink without sharing gulps sips, and crack open a good book without interruption.  More on good books later this week!!!

Happy Cooking  Beveraging!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My kids just love lemonade.

bopha said...

loved that book, didn't take me long to finish and ryan didn't appreciate my unattentiveness to everything else once i cracked it open.