Friday, September 9, 2011

Learning To Listen

A few weeks back I had my cash ready to buy some new running shoes, but I knew the money was supposed to go to missions in Africa.   I don't regret my decision at all.  I have learned over the years, the more I listen and obey what God has asked me to do the more blessing I receive in return.  I knew my time would come to receive new running shoes.  My time just wasn't a month ago, but it was today...

I'm fairly certain I drove the sales clerks crazy.  I tried on almost every pair of Saucony's, Brooks, New Balance, and Asics in the store.  Not only did I try them on, but I ran up and down the aisle with my preggo self and Little Miss trailing behind.  No, I'm not kidding.  I needed to make sure the shoes were going to support the weight I will gain for the remainder of this pregnancy.

I finally decided on the above Asics.  They were the only shoes that supported my crazy high arch and cushioned my heal without buying extra insoles.  The bonus came at the register.  The shoes were marked $89.99, but rang up for $54.99...YES!  I mentioned to the cashier that I printed off an online coupon, but I couldn't use it until September 30th.  He asked what kind of coupon it was, and when I told him it was a $10 off a $50 purchase, he said, "I have one of those.  I'll scan it for you."

I really wanted to hug him, but decided against it.  So my $90 shoes ended up costing me $48.82 with tax.  I still have some cash to spare.  I think I'll just add that to the kids' birthday funds. 

All I have to say about this is, I am thankful I gave my original money to missions.  Not only was I able to bless people I have never even met, but I was blessed in return.  This was a great lesson for me.  I can't outgive God, and neither can you.  You will always receive a blessing in return.

Have a Great Weekend!

No comments: