Monday, July 14, 2014

Menu Monday

 

This was us.  Last week.  On the beach. Forgetting the days and the time. I want to go back.  Spending time together as a family will never get old.  A full week of waking up, eating breakfast together, going on long bike rides, and hitting the beach the rest of the day makes for a PERFECT day.  

The only thing I would erase would be the 7 lbs I gained over the week.  Yep, SEVEN POUNDS! Total indulgence all week.  Very little concern for what I was consuming.  I am paying for it now.  Today, actually yesterday, we started on strictly clean.  I mean, super strict. I need some major discipline to get me back on track.  

So wanting light and fresh for this hotter than Hades Oklahoma heat, I went searching for some newbie recipes.  Here's what I dug up and what the Torres will be chowing down on this week.

Monday-Roasted Whole Chicken* (half eaten, half shredded for later), Steamed Broccoli, Salad
Tuesday-White Bean Soup with Turkey Sausage and Sweet Potatoes
Wednesday-Power Hummus Bowl** and Berry Salad
Thursday-Seasoned Tilapia, Brown Rice with Roasted Peppers
Friday-Burrito Bowl (use remainder of shredded chicken) with Brown Rice Chips and Salsa
Saturday-Veggie Loaded Spaghetti, Salad
Sunday- Chicken and Veggie Kabobs and Fresh Roasted Green Beans

*use first 5 ingredients only and toss in the crock pot. 
**just check out that Power Hummus Bowl. Bed of spinach, a few sliced purple onions, cucumber, cilantro, shredded chicken, and a big 'ol glob of avocado hummus...YUM!

No comments: