Friday, September 11, 2009

Sausage Manicotti

1 lb Italian sausage
16 oz small curd cottage cheese
1 pkg (8 oz) uncooked manicotti shells
1 jar (26 oz) pasta sauce
1 cup mozzarella cheese

Cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink. In a large bowl, combine sausage and cottage cheese. Stuff manicotti shells. Place in a greased 13 x 9 baking dish. Top with pasta sauce. Cover and bake @ 350 degrees for 1 hour.

Uncover; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 8-10 minutes longer. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.


Now, I like this recipe, but didn't LOVE it. Next time I make it, I plan on using only 8 oz cottage cheese and then adding 8 oz of ricotta cheese. I'll probably add some fresh parsley into the mix too. However, Steven loved it. To each his own. Let me know what you think if you try this one. If you have a yummy manicotti recipe, please share!

TIP: Have trouble stuffing the shells? Try putting your mix into a ziploc bag then cutting the corner off. Presto! Easy filling for you!

8 comments:

Kuenys said...

this one sounds really yummy. i am going to try it (with your different suggestions) and i will let you know how it turns out!

Unknown said...

Sounds really good! I like the idea about halving up the cheese.

bopha said...

i have one for you, world's quickest and easiest beef tips and gravy for the crockpot

1 1/2-2 lbs stew meat
1 env french onion soup mix
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 small can sliced mushrooms
1/2 c red wine (can sub beef broth)

Mix all together (don't drain mush) and put in crockpot and cook on low 6-8 hours. Serve over rice or egg noodles. I put it together the night before and then just put the crock in the pot in the am and turn it on.

amanda torres said...

Bopha, thank you, thank you, thank you. Sounds delicious!

kylestauffer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

well I posted and realize I was on Kyle's blog name! HA! Anyways, the BEST manicotti recipe is on the back of the box of the shells :) I always make manicotti to take as meals for families and get asked the recipe, but I just follow that. I think its the one on the back of the red box of manicotti shells. YUMM!

Jennifer Lin Paschal said...

Mrs. Amanda,

I tried your reciepe with the 8 oz cottage cheese and the 8 oz ricotta cheese and it was fantastic!! You are a lifesaver...when my hubby gets burnt out on chinese food! :)

prashant said...

I always make manicotti to take as meals for families and get asked the recipe, but I just follow that.
How to make a website