Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Part I

Lucky us we got to have 2 Thanksgivings! Steven's mom moved back to OK about 2 months ago and we wanted to make sure she had a good Thanksgiving now that she is back. I decided I would cook a mini-Thanksgiving lunch. Well, it actually turned out to be a full-blown meal. I do have to say, I did well for the first feast. However, Steven and his mom did the turkey...I just prepared all the sides.

After we cleaned up we headed over to Big Rene's to celebrate Thanksgiving there. Things always get interesting over there. You know how families get around the holidays. At first everyone is hugging and so glad to see one another, and then as the day goes on people start to get on your nerves. Come on, admit it...it happens. Below is our 'journey' through Thanksgiving.

2 Generations of Cousins
(1st generation=Rene, Lisa, and Steven)
(2nd generation=Lincoln and Addie)
Don't they look happy!
Steven's cousin Serena loving on Addison.
So Sweet!
Addie and Lincoln enjoying their version of turkey.
Viewer Discretion Advised
As I mentioned before, as the evening went on things started getting interesting. I hestitated to even post this part because most people don't know about this side of our family.
It all started when Steven's dad had a little trouble digesting the food. Here Steven is helping him try to make it to the bathroom to get cleaned up. While Steven was off helping his dad Lindsay started making comments about how I parent. You can see how well I handled the situation...

Lindsay wasn't about to be slapped across the face without retaliation. I'm telling you it got really nasty, but this isn't even the worst part.

The boys saw us getting into it and started arguing...which led to some pretty heavy blows.


Unfortunately, Steven's cousins (Serena and Lisa) started fighting too. Their mother, Lily had to get invovled! YIKES!


In the end, everyone made up, but boy it sure did get nasty for a while. You just never know what to expect when the Torres family gets together. I'm just glad we took our Christmas picture together before we went over there. Two shiners don't really say "Merry Christmas" very well.

Okay, okay, this is all made up. In all sincerity we had a great time with our family. We are so blessed to be surrounded by so many people who love us dearly. Hopefully you enjoyed your day as well.
Stay tuned for our Thanksgiving Part II...tomorrow we head to Springfield to see my Dad and then to my Grandparents to celebrate with my side of the family.


AND JUST BECAUSE SHE LOOKED SO ADORABLE...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your story and pics cracked me up!!!

What a beautiful family you have! So much to be thankful for!

Megan said...

Seriously, I'm laughing out loud. Probably more from the "digestion" pic than any other. You are too funny and could you blog more often, I tend to get bored and need something interesting to read about :)

bopha said...

Love the new picture, you guys are too cute! The pictures were hilarious, especially the poopy pants pic.