Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Taking the Time

Yesterday I was running late (I'm still getting used to the 2 kids thing), and was taking Mason to Steven's work. I was so irritated when I turned on Main St. only to see a train passing by....ARG...this was going to hold me up even longer. Out loud I sighed, "Oh great a train!". As I said it I looked in the rear view mirror to check on the kids. When Mason heard me say train, he immediately lit up and starting "choo-chooing". It really reminded me that even though this was a complete inconvenience to me, it was such a fascination to someone else. In the long run, it doesn't matter if I'm five minutes late somewhere. Instead I should just take the time to see things how someone else might. That train just made Mason's day. When he went to bed that night you could hear him in his bed..."choo-choo". Next time I think I'll take the time to enjoy my surroundings instead of becoming frustrated and rushed.

No comments: