Sunday, August 26, 2007

Football Saves the Day


Weekends are always great. You don't work, and you get to spend time with the ones you LOVE. This weekend was just awesome. First of all, my mother finally got married. She's waited a long time. Even though we did not get to attend the wedding (it was just the 2 of them with their pastor), we couldn't be happier for her and her new husband.


However, this marriage has brought about a huge change for our whole family. For one, I was forced to finally move all my belongings from her house that she has been storing for me. I know, I know. I haven't lived there for four years, and my stuff was still hanging around. Anyway...today Steven and I finally went to the house and moved it all out. When we walked in I was extremely sad to see the house emptied and completely void of all my childhood memories. Just as I was about to completely fall apart, Mason and Steven came to my rescue. Apparently, I saved a football that I caught at one of Steven's college football games (yes, it probably should have been trashed years ago, but for some reason I hung onto it). Steven found it, and not surprisingly, gave it to Mase. As we were loading up the last of my belongings, I looked down at Mason who is throwing the football and then crawling to get it back. He did this over and over. I couldn't help but smile. It was so cute. So, my pity party soon turned into a final memory and one great realization...The house isn't so much of importance. It is the family that once lived in it, and I still have that family (plus more). In the end, the weekend was great because returning to the house for the last time reminded me that I am blessed to have the family I have, and to have lived the life I have always wanted to live. Above is the picture of the football. It's a little comical that I even saved it, but I'm sure glad I did!

No comments: